Tuesday 5 July 2011

I own these cookies

I hope someday my son refers to this recipe as "mom's oatmeal cookies" or maybe something with a bit more personality and creative wording - but non the less, my cookies. I have had this recipe for years and have baked the cookies with my spin since I first laid eyes on that tragic recipe. They aren't anything fancy, have magical powers, or can do your laundry - all they can do is make you forget about your diet and thrust you into a new career as a bounce music dancer. 

Take 3/4 of a cup of unsalted butter (or margarine, as I am so inclined) and 3/4 of a cup of brown sugar. With a  fork cream these two together, add an egg and a teaspoon of vanilla. Wet stuff - done. For the dry - add 3/4 of a cup of plain flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, salt and cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg. Chuck that into the wet and mix (sans machine- avec fork or spoon). Now this is where you can get creative. Add in something delicious - your favorite chocolate treats, raisins, cranberries - I tend to use the darkest  chocolate I can get my hands on. You can use as much or as little as you want.


 Now you need add some oats. The amount you use all depends on the wetness of your cookie mix. Start out with 1.5 cups and see how it feels. Today I used 2 cups and last time I used 2.5. You will rarely need to use more than that. Your oven should be at 180c. With a larger dessert spoon scoop out onto a tray and cook for 8 -10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment