Tuesday 2 August 2011

Brownies with a pepper-minty fresh jive

I'm not really very good with dieting. Generally I do my best at eating healthy, cutting back on the cheese, leaning up the meats, and matching my portion sizes to that of my two year old son's. I shakily crumble under the pressure of a hostile military eating regime - I like to eat and I like to eat food that tastes delicious. I know when I've eaten too much and I know when I need to rein in my snack tooth. When you make rules for yourself, you are destined to falter onto the guilt ridden side of the line. I would rather feel happy than guilty. My rules: no rules - only brownies (and maybe a cleanse or two). 




*Doubled measurements below (I doubled this recipe because that's how much chocolate I had - plus, it's the weekend - sweatpants are at the ready).


In a metal bowl placed on a pot above shallow simmering water, melt 120 grams of a high percent dark chocolate with 1 cup of butter.




Remove metal bowl from the heat and whisk in 2 cups of sugar, one teaspoon peppermint essence (add more if you are keen...I did), get 4 eggs up in there, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 a teaspoon salt and some toasted nuts...or not. Crank your oven up to 165c and cook your thigh enhancing treat for 30 to 35 minutes. I tend to like my brownie nestling on the edge of uncooked. Once it cools it is perfect. 







No comments:

Post a Comment